Fitness Instructor Certificate (Gym)
The aim of this Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Fitness Instructor.
- 16+ years old.
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learner should have basic skills in communication.
All our Tutors are highly qualified in the area of health and fitness. Many are successful business owners in the industry and have worked with clients ranging from health related to elite athletes.
- Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Preparing for gym based exercise
- Instructing gym based exercise
This qualification provides progression to Level 4 EQF qualifications in Personal Training for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become Personal Trainers.
Certificate in Fitness Instruction, Level 3 (EQF), REPS Level 3, awardrd by Active IQ.
|Location :||Portlaoise / Tullamore|
|Start Date :|
|End Date :|
|Full time and Part time options available.|
Fee Payment Policy :
- €200 deposit must be paid with
applicationform. Totalamount of €500 is required on the start date
- The balance of course fees must then be paid by week 3.
- Students will not be registered for examinations, nor be permitted to undertake examinations until course fees have been paid in full.
Refund Policy :
- Maltings Training will do everything in its power to ensure that applicants are fully aware of the content and detail of all programmes of study before
applicationfor same. This will be achieved through the use of our website www.maltingstraining.ie, through information packs, telephone assistance, and where relevant information evenings. Candidates with particular learning requirements will be accommodated sensitively. Those who consider the require special assistance or have a previously identified learning difficulty are obliged to notify this in writing to Maltings Training on applicationfor a course place.
- Once candidates commence on a programme of study, refunds will not be made if for any reason the applicant then decides not to continue with the programme.
- Booking deposits paid to reserve course places are
non refundable(see note 1 below).
- Course fees paid in advance
of coursestart date, over and above the booking deposit will be refunded to the applicant if the applicant cannot pursue the programme due to work / reasons, these must be submitted in family/ health documentedformat.
- Once applicants commence a programme of study all fees due by that date will not be refunded.
Maltings Training reserves the right to cancel or defer programmes deemed to be
a). To have their deposit refunded in full.
b). To retain their application on file and roll over their deposit to the next available start date.
c). To transfer their booking deposit to another Maltings Training Programme of study.
Assessment/Examination Policy :
- Each module will be assessed by continuous assessment.
- Students will be notified of upcoming assessments by respective tutors/email
- The student must notify the respective tutor if for any reason they are unable to attend the assessment, in this
casedocumentary evidence e.g. Medical certificate must be provided
- The student must then
sitthe assessment on the next scheduled timetable date for that module, failure to do so will warrant a fail in that assessment.
- Students will only be permitted to sit their
final examinationsif all continuous assessments have been completed and successfully passed.
- Repeat/missed assessments must be completed a minimum of 3 weeks prior to final examinations
- The pass mark in all assessments is 70%.
- Students must receive a pass mark in all modules in order to be eligible to sit final examinations.
- Students who miss their final written or
practical examinationswill be notified of a rescheduled date. If the student cannot attend that examination they must provide written evidence within 5 days priorthat date.
- Final modular assessment marks and grades will be communicated to the student upon completion of the module by the respective tutor/email.
- Certificates will be issued to students upon successful completion of the programme.
- Where students are unsuccessful in particular elements of examination Maltings Training will communicate this to the student directly, and inform them of the course of action to be taken to retake the
examination,or outstanding course-work to be completed.
- Note: A resit
fee / administrationfee may apply in this case.
GDPR Policy :
In accordance with General Data Protection Regulations Maltings Training is extremely careful about how we handle your data. Under no circumstances are any Learner details disclosed to any third party organization, other than the Certification Body for which your programme is enrolled.
We collect the following data ; Your Name, Mailing Address, Contact Telephone Number, e mail address, the Date of your Course and the Expiry Date of your Certificate. This information is held securely and retained solely for the purposes of Certification and Continuous Professional Development (C.P.D). We seek your permission to contact you by either of the recorded means for the purposes of specific programme related crieria eg exam dates etc and for the purposed of Certification renewal.