1/2 Day Course
Each year the Health and Safety Authority (HSA) confirms that the manual lifting of heavy or awkward loads is one of the most common causes of workplace injuries.
Would you like to learn Manual Handling?
Under Health and Safety legislation, employers must organise work so that manual handling of loads is avoided wherever possible. When it is unavoidable, the work must be planned, or equipment provided to reduce the risk of injury.
This Course running over 3 – 4 hours is designed to provide you with the knowledge, practical skills and understanding required to conduct safe lifting & movement of loads in the workplace in Compliance with the requirements of the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Regulations 2007.
Manual Handling Legislation.
Anatomy of the spine / Protecting your back.
Mechanism of injury.
Ergonomics & Mechanical Principles.
Safe Lifting & Carrying of Loads.
Single & Multiple person lifting.
Risk Assessment of Specific Hazards relevant to the home & workplace.
Maltings House, Coote Street, Portlaoise.
Day : Saturday’s 10 am – 1 pm
Evening Course: Thursday’s 7pm-10pm
€100 (Payment options available).
Price includes: Tuition, Course Training Manual, & Assessment.
Successful candidates will receive a Certificate in Manual Handling
· Maltings Training will do everything in its power to ensure that applicants are fully aware of the content and detail of all programmes of study before application for same. This will be achieved through the use of our website www.maltingstraining.ie, through information packs, telephone assistance, and where relevant information evenings. Candidates with particular learning requirements will be accommodated sensitively. Those who consider the require special assistance or have a previously identified learning difficulty are obliged to notify this in writing to Maltings Training on application for a course place.
· Once candidates commence on a programme of study, refunds will not be made if for any reason the applicant then decides not to continue with the programme.
· Booking deposits paid to reserve course places are non refundable.
· Course fees paid in advance of course start date, over and above the booking deposit will be refunded to the applicant if the applicant cannot pursue the programme due to work / family / health reasons, these must be submitted in documented format.
· Once applicants commence a programme of study all fees due by that date will not be refunded.
What requirements are needed for this course?
There are no prior qualifications needed for this course. Participants should be physically well enough to carry out the safe moving and handling of objects.
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who want to learn how to move objects safely in a variety of settings.
How long is this course?
The Manual Handling course is a half day in duration.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate that is vaild for two years.