PATIENT HANDLING TRAINING (2 Day Course)
Patient Handling is defined as any transporting, transferring or supporting of a person (including the lifting, lowering, assisted sitting or standing, carrying or moving by hand or bodily force, and is essential training in the skill set of every Health Care Professional yet in Ireland over half of all reported cases of workplace related injury occur in the area of health & social care
Would you like to learn Patient Handling?
This course running over two days is designed to provide you with the knowledge and practical skills required to provide effective patient care when moving people. The course is 90% practically based and provides hands on experience of the techniques necessary for moving people, based on sound biomechanical principles.
A� Introduction to Patient Moving Techniques
A� Conducting a Risk Assessment
A� Use of Self Help Aids
fungsi obat pariet. A� Sitting the Patient
A� Standing & Walking the Patient (including dealing with a Falling Patient and The Fallen Patient)
A� Turning & Sliding the Patient
A� Use of Transfer Devices
A� Hoisting Patients
a��100 (Payment options available)
Price includes: Tuition, Course Training Manual & Assessment.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate in Patient Handling.
- Maltings Training will do everything in its power to ensure that applicants are fully aware of the content and detail of all programmes of study before application for same. This will be achieved through the use of our website www.maltingstraining.ie, through information packs, telephone assistance, and where relevant information evenings. Candidates with particular learning requirements will be accommodated sensitively. Those who consider the require special assistance or have a previously identified learning difficulty are obliged to notify this in writing to Maltings Training on application for a course place.
- Once candidates commence on a programme of study, refunds will not be made if for any reason the applicant then decides not to continue with the programme.
- Booking deposits paid to reserve course places are non refundable.
- Course fees paid in advance of course start date, over and above the booking deposit will be refunded to the applicant if the applicant cannot pursue the programme due to work / family / health reasons, these must be submitted in documented format.
- Once applicants commence a programme of study all fees due by that date will not be refunded.
What requirements are needed for this course?
There are no prior qualifications needed for this course. Participants should be physically well enough to carry out the safe moving and handling of people and objects.
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who want to learn how to move people safely in a variety of settings.
How long is this course?
The Patient Handling course is two and half days in duration.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate that is vaild for two years.