ACE Personal Trainer Course
On completion of our Personal Fitness Trainer Course the individual will be able to deliver fitness instruction to groups and individuals, as a Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer, and will be able to supervise in the gym environment and operate safe work practices.
To provide the trainees with the skills and knowledge to raise their competency level to enable them to achieve international Recognised Certification and cope with frequent and ongoing changes in work practices.
|Occupational First Aid|
|Lifestyle Management & Behavioural Change|
|Personal Training Practice|
|Anatomy,Physiology & Applied Biomechanics|
|Screening Testing & Evaluation|
|Programme Planning & Design|
|Group Exercise Instruction (Aerobics/step/Body Conditioning)|
|Circuit Training & Flexibility|
Who should apply:
- Participants must be over 18 years of age
- Leaving certificate desirable but not essential
- Display a keen interest in working in the health and leisure sector
- Have a reasonable level of physical fitness
|Sports & Recreation Award||QQI|
|Occupational First Aid||QQI|
|Practical Skill Certificate in Personal Training||Maltings Training Ltd|
|ACE Personal Trainer Certificate||ACE|
Number of Places:
25 persons max.
Training Methods to Apply:
Workshop Inputs, Practical Demonstrations, Assignments,project,work experience.
Please note: These places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
|Committment:||The programme will be delivered 3 Saturday’s per month for 7 months|
|Course Runs:||Saturdays 10am – 6pm|
|Cost:||€1990.00 5% Discount for payment in full prior to course commencement|
|Payment Terms:||€300.00 depositBalance payable by installments of €218.00 at beginning of each month for 5 months|
Mission Statement The American Council on Exercise® is a non-profit organization committed to enriching quality of life through safe and effective exercise and physical activity. As America’s Authority in Fitness, ACE protects all segments of society against ineffective fitness products, programs and trends through its ongoing public education and research. ACE further protects the public by setting certifications and continuing education standards for fitness professionals. Background Founded in 1985, today ACE is one of the largest fitness certification, education and training organizations in the world. They currently have more than 40,000 certified fitness professionals in 107 countries. ACE certification and continuing education / training are among the most respected in the fitness industry. Since the beginning, our comprehensive programming has enabled fitness professionals to take advantage of the most current research available today. ACE publications, study materials and courses and have successfully prepared thousands of candidates to become certified including the ACE Personal Trainer/ Advanced Health + Fitness Specialist/ Group Fitness Instructor / Lifestyle + Weight Management Consultant.
Fee Payment Policy
- Allocation of all course places are subject to payment of a booking deposit of €300 Course places will not be held until this payment is received in full.
- Students will not be permitted entry on to programmes until booking deposit €300 & €300 Registration fee are paid.
- The balance of course fees must then be paid by 5 monthly installments of €278.00, students will be issued a payment schedule by mail at the beginning of the course, and all further correspondence will be made via email/text.
- Students will not be registered for examinations, or permitted to undertake examinations until course fees have been paid in full.
- Maltings Training will do everything in its power to ensure that applicants are fully aware of the content and detail of all programmes of study before application for same. This will be achieved through the use of our websitewww.maltingstraining.ie, through information packs, telephone assistance, and where relevant information evenings. Candidates with particular learning requirements will be accommodated sensitively. Those who consider the require special assistance or have a previously identified learning difficulty are obliged to notify this in writing to Maltings Training on application for a course place.
- Once candidates commence on a programme of study, refunds will not be made if for any reason the applicant then decides not to continue with the programme.
- Booking deposits paid to reserve course places are non refundable (see note 1 below).
- Course fees paid in advance of course start date, over and above the booking deposit will be refunded to the applicant if the applicant cannot pursue the programme due to work / family / health reasons, these must be submitted in documented format.
- Once applicants commence a programme of study all fees due by that date will not be refunded.
1.Maltings Training reserves the right to cancel or defer programmes deemed to be non viable, or unsuitable to run at that particular time. In this event applicants will be notified by telephone or mail and offered the following choices : a). To have their deposit refunded in full. b). To retain their application on file and roll over their deposit to the next c). To transfer their booking deposit to another Maltings Training available start date.Programme of study.
- Each module will be assessed by continuous assessment/assignment.
- Students will be notified of upcoming assessments via email/text or respective tutor.
- The student must notify the respective tutor if for any reason they are unable to attend the assessment or submit an assignment; in this case documentary evidence e.g. Medical certificate must be provided.
- The student must sit the assessment on the next scheduled timetable date for the module, failure to do so will warrant a fail in that assessment
- Students will only be permitted to progress to the Personal Trainer Element (Level 2) if all continuous assessments /assignments have been completed and successfully passed.
- Repeat/missed assessment must be completed a minimum of 3 weeks prior to Personal Trainer element (Level 2).
- The pass mark in all assessment is 50%. Students who repeat failed assessment will be capped at 50%.
Practical Skills Examination:
- Personal Trainer Element (Level 2) Students must submit their client project on day of practical skills examination. Students will not be permitted to do their practical examination if project is not submitted to the examiners on the day.
- Candidates will be allocated an appointed examination time for be date for their practical examination. If for any reason this time is unsuitable it must be notified in writing immediately to Maltings Training.
- Candidates who do not show for practical examinations will have their examination time voided and be liable for a rescheduled examination fee.
- Results of project and practical skills examinations will be formatted and a grade awarded accordingly, Notification of grade will be notified via email and certificates will be forwarded by mail.
- All results will be tabulated by Maltings Office on an appropriate examination broadsheet. This will be forwarded to respective awarding bodies e.g. ACE/FETAC
- Certificates will be issued to the students upon successful completion of the programme by Maltings Training, or other respective body e.g. ACE/FETAC either by email/mail
- Where students are unsuccessful in particular elements of examination Maltings training will communicate this to the student directly, and inform them of the course of action t be taken to retake the examination, or outstanding course-work to be completed
- Note: a resit fee / administration fee may apply in this case
- If for any reason students do not sit for the scheduled ACE written examinations of the programmes for which they are registered, they can on one occasion only roll over to the next scheduled examination date without incurring any additional fees upon furnishing a valid legitimate reason in writing. Taking the exam on any subsequent occasion will be subject to the appropriate examination Fee.
ACE Written Examination:
- All candidates who wish to undertake the ACE written examination must complete the appropriate ACE registration form and forward to Maltings Training together with a copy of a current CPR certificate valid after the date of ACE examination.
FETAC Written Examination:
- If for any reason students do not sit for the scheduled FETAC examinations of the programme for which they are registered, they can on one occasion only roll over to the next scheduled examination date without incurring any additional fees upon furnishing a valid legitimate reason in writing, taking the exam on any subsequent occasion will be subject to the appropriate examination fee.
It is Maltings Training Policy to deal with the applicant only in relation to all correspondence involving this course. This will be communicated through email/text or website.