Food Safety Training
The aim of this course is to provide food handlers with adequate training in the basic principles of food safety and covers the necessary skills required to practice food safety effectively in the workplace.
The qualification provides learners with a broad level of knowledge in handling food carefully and safely as well as knowing how to identify hazards in food establishments. Learners will also understand how to control different food safety hazards.
All our course tutors are highly knowledgable and have extensive expereince in their chosen fields. You will expereince a very learner centred approach in your journey of kowledge with us.
VTCT Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
Ideally candidates should be:
There are no prerequisties needed for this qualififcation
This qualification will enable you to work in the hospitality setor.
- “How individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety.
- The importance of keeping food safe.
- The importance of food safety and the impact of food borne illness.
- How food becomes contaminated.
- How to control contamination using best storage practices and safe temperatures.
- How to prevent contamination by keeping him/herself clean and hygienic.
- How to prevent contamination by keeping work areas clean and hygienic.
- Understand the importance of maintaining a written food safety management system to control food safety hazards.”
This is a blended learnering course with theory being delivered online and practical face to face.